Thursday, September 30, 2021

Excitement Can Lead to Frustration

This morning I found something online that was exciting.   Someone had contacted Filament Stories that was someone big in the whole 3D printing world.  It made things easier and harder because that meant we needed to do a response.   Or rather wanted to do a response.   The part that it made easier was it was in regards to a video we'd been working on already and the message made the video's content much easier to present. 

The video still needed to be done though.   It would be the longest video we'd put out.   Only we'd been working on the content for several weeks in one form or another so it shouldn't be hard to just reshoot it and put it out with a different spin on it.   This would be easy. 

At 3:20 when my husband told me as he was heading off to get my son, "we're almost done" because I was fretting that it would take until 2AM, I told him, "no, we're not."

It is easily going to be after two before this video gets out.   Because things always happen.  Always.   I did not want to be right.  I would have loved to be wrong.   If I sound cross, it is because I am.  

Anyways, regardless of being frustrated by something going wrong every time or taking longer, or needing to be reshot or whatever, this is an exciting thing to happen.   I still can't believe how many people and companies are getting in touch with us.   We're small, but apparently we're doing a very good job, even if it's at 2AM

The Big Boy Update:  My son has to be up for a day field trip to a nature camp at six in the morning.   That meant he couldn't get to sleep until extra late because of either the excitement or the thought he had to go to sleep early. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been distraught.   Her favorite character in the series of books we've been listening to died.   And he didn't get brought back to life in the fantasy books about witches and Greek gods.   Not only that, his girlfriend (they were in high school) who never had a chance to become his girlfriend because they hadn't gotten around to professing they cared for each other yet, also died, being turned to stone by Medusa.   It was a tough end of the book series for my daughter, who had her favorite characters, and those two were her absolute two by far.  The Author did leave the series hanging in such a way that she could write more books.   I told my daughter that perhaps the two will be reunited again someday yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment