Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Happy Vomit Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday.   The plan was for Nana and Papa to pick my daughter up from school and take her to their house.   My husband would pick my son up, take him to Code Ninjas and then we'd all meet for dinner at the club at their outdoor seating.   

We don't eat out much, but dinner early and outdoors seemed like a safe bet.   On the way over, my husband talked about driving scores from Tesla, something new you can elect to participate in.   The higher your score, the sooner you might be invited to join the full self-driving beta.  

We talked about poor drivers and did so through the rush hour traffic.   My son was in an abysmal mood, complaining and just being mean.   He asked for dad to drive "nicer: a few times, which his father said he'd do.   We called to say we were parking as we pulled into the parking lot and were close to finding a spot up front in the mostly empty parking lot when...my son vomited all over the back seat. 

My husband quickly pulled in, I jumped out, opened my son's door and he vomited again...aiming again directly on the seat instead of the pavement.   

He got out and apologized.   He didn't mean to get it on the car, we could tell.   He was just confused it all happened so quickly.  Sometimes he gets car sick.   Not often, but it can happen.   My thought was that it was related to the discussions about driving and the busy traffic, coupled with him wanting to be out of the car after a long day at school. 

Fortunately, a quick call to Nana and the great good fortune of timing netted her a shirt and shorts from the pro shop in the building just as they were closing.   My son, blocked by his father and me in the open door of the car, changed quickly and we went into dinner, my son looking the best dressed of the group in his light blue collared shirt and navy shorts.

He had eaten French fries an hour prior, so what was in his stomach wasn't even that bad.   It was just a mess.   Dinner was lovely, even though it didn't start out that way. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son felt very badly about vomiting his his father's car.   He was both calm and kindly apologetic.   He even called out to Nana on speaker phone, saying thank you for getting him new clothes.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and I love cookie cake.   She and I, along with Papa, would have consumed half of the cookie cake ourselves if we had been allowed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment