Saturday, September 25, 2021

Six Days

We've been filming a video that has been challenging, to say the least.   There are lots of things to consider in how we approach it and we've gone through several iterations.   We thought were close to finalizing the video and had planned on getting it out tonight, but we both had second thoughts today. 

We're used to creating videos that are under sixty seconds.   They have to move at a fast pace with the intention of every second being as interesting as possible.   That's the social media realm we're publishing in via Instagram Reels, TikTok, and YouTube Shorts. 

When viewers have the ability to swipe up, over, down, etc. to go to the next item because your content isn't interesting (enough), it has to be interesting enough to keep them watching your content, because there is always other content that might be more interesting just a swipe away. 

So for today, I am wearing the same shirt for the sixth day, because we keep refilling things, trying to get the long format YouTube video how we want it.   Long format YouTube isn't the same and can be more relaxed, but we've done short format so long now that we can't think any other way. 

I really wanted this video out and done.  It is bothering me for several reasons, mostly because I'm not sure how it will be received.   The feedback and comments we've gotten so far has been almost completely positive and supportive.   Amazingly supportive.   So we'll see.  

If I'd known about this when I bought the shirt some time back, I would have bought two.

The Big Boy Update:  My son wanted to go out on his own today at the park.   I was with my daughter and he was making friends and having a good time and I wasn't worried about him at all.   When it was time to go, he found me and we left with no complaints. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter met a new friend today, Grace, who is blind.   She and her older sister became fast friends.   So much so that when it was time to leave, she ended up staying with and going home with their parents to play together until dinner time.   Having a friend who is blind is very helpful in many ways.   They live close and we now have future videos planned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment