Friday, September 3, 2021

Super Duper Dirty

My daughter really needed to wash her hair.   Badly.   I told her it was time, but then she had an invitation to go to the pool and I thought we might be able to get two things done at once.   She came home and when her hair was mostly dry I said I wanted to finish drying it so it would look nice and she wouldn't have to wash it again for several days. 

I got the hairdryer out and as I started to dry it, it was hard to brush through.   It was sort of stiff and was for lack of a better word, sticky.   I could lift up some, drop it down and it wouldn't fall like you would expect clean hair to fall.   It was most definitely not clean. 

Something she's been trying to do is wash her hair herself.   But she needs some lessons in how to wash all of her hair.   She puts the shampoo on the top of her head and scrubs that bit very well, but the rest of her hair doesn't get the cleaning it needs so I told her tonight we'd get her hair clean and I'd show her how to wash all the parts of her hair. 

When we started washing it tonight, the shampoo wasn't lathering at all which is a clear sign there is still dirt there.   We washed it a second time and then a third before it finally lathered up.   I don't know how her hair got so oily and dirty as it isn't particularly oily normally.   Once I dried it, it was light feeling, soft, and fell in lovely, blond sections by the time I finished drying it.  

Hopefully, we won't let it get this bad again.   Hopefully, she won't want it to get this bad again.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is in trouble and has no screens, even if he wants to work on something educational.   First off, last night at two in the morning he woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.   So he came down to our bedroom and got his iPad, where it charges.  His father went and got it about three minutes later.   Then, this morning, we found a big container of pretzels in his room—where food isn't allowed—as well as a collection of Oreos, some eaten and some still in the wrappers.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I asked my daughter how things were going with her and her friend Aditi.   They were having some difficult times with their relationship at the start of school.   She said they were getting better.   They had had some setbacks, she said, but things were moving to a happier friendship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment