Tuesday, November 29, 2022

The Largest Column

Tonight we went to hear the holiday concert at Duke Chapel with our dear friend, Mrs. Aagaard, my daughter's braillist who retired after her Kindergarten year. 

My son had so much to see as far as the chapel goes.  It is a marvel of architecture and a style he has never seen before.   My daughter, on the other hand, had to suffice with sounds more than anything. 

I did have her feel how large one of the columns was.  They are massive, massive, huge.   She got a sense of how big the building was from the column size, I hope. 

Oddly, her stomach was bothering her very much after we picked Mrs. Aagaard up.   I hoped against hope that she didn't have COVID-19 again with sudden symptoms when she had been without any symptoms of any kind.   

She got better, and we made it to our seats and then enjoyed the different carols and songs, some with meanings from other cultures and parts of the world.  We got to walk up to the front and add our canned goods to the collection at one point in the night. 

My son was embarrassed by any and everything his father and I did.  I had no idea how incredibly cringeworthy we were.   We're going to have to up our cool factor. 

We headed home, dropped Mrs. Aagaard off and then got some fast food.   We had been so tight on time there was no time for dinner so we all ate after nine o'clock.  

I'm tired and going to bed now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment