Sunday, November 20, 2022

Fighting To The Death

My son loves screens.  This is the one thing we can take away that he cares about deeply.   However it is very frustrating to both him and us that when bad behavior starts, he can get warned and he ignores the warning, he will, for instance, keep bothering his sister with no regard to the warning.  We take away screens at that point, typically for a day and my son goes into a rage of anger. 

But does he stop at that point?  Or does he keep on?  He doesn't stop, because they would be reasonable.  He keeps on and sometimes accelerates his behavior in the negative direction.  So he loses screens for another day.   This sometimes continues until he's lost screens for a week or the whole weekend. 

We had a conversation with him about it tonight.  He's not sure what to suggest other than we not take away screens.   It does work in that he avoids bad behavior because he doesn't want the consequence, but when he's in the middle of things he has almost no impulse control and a whole lot of anger that goes unmanaged. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles; My daughter has a lot of reading to do.  I'm not sure why she has so much because this is in addition to the work she has as a sighted student.  I'm going to ask tomorrow and see why she has so much additional work from her VI teacher.  It is possible I'm not getting the whole story from my daughter.  She does feel like it's not fair that she has extra work.  She told me tonight she hates being blind sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment