Friday, November 18, 2022

All Good Things...

It's been a very exciting week here in Frankfurt, Germany.  I've met some really wonderful friends I had from online already and made some new friends I met once I arrived here.   It's so odd to meet someone for the first time that you know well and then feel as though you've known them for much, much longer than four days when it's time to say goodbye to return to our various countries. 

This was a common thread among the attendees I spent time with this week.   That and we all hope to reunite again next year at a maker faire or conference again soon. 

An aside that is related is one of the content creators wants to coordinate a ski trip in Austria next year.   He wants to rent a large villa and have other content creators in 3D printing get together there.   Most of us are older and have children that are grown or aren't in diapers anymore.  Most people have said they want to come if things work out when the date is decided. 

But as much fun as I've had here, I'm ready to go home.  I love being home.  I love my children, and I miss the dog as well.  I'm looking forward to seeing Nana and Papa as well.   And soon, I look forward to seeing my parents as the holidays grow closer.   Hopefully, we will all be together for Christmas.   I have the best family. 

The Snow Child:  My daughter was worried about school and was missing us a little bit, but when I called yesterday, she was just fine.   She had made some snow from a powder she got for her birthday and was much more interested in playing with the snow than talking with me.   Which is good.   I can't blame her; snow is pretty exciting, even when it's faux snow.

I Missed My Son:  I'm not sure if my son misses us, but he was off playing Magic the Gathering with the Code Ninjas group he goes to after school.   He is really getting the hang of MTG.  It's a lot to remember, but that's one of his specialties,   I'm looking forward to playing him soon and seeing how his skill has progressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment