Sunday, November 13, 2022

Weiner Schnitzel

I'm not sure how to spell Weiner Schnitzel, but I hope it's close enough for you to get a good idea about what we had for dinner.   My husband and I arrived in Frankfurt after an overnight flight.   We slept in bits and pieces, resulting in us neither being rested nor completely awake by the time we arrived at the hotel. 

My husband fell asleep immediately while I unpacked and then fell asleep.   We woke up in time for dinner and had a very nice German meal with the recommended apple wine which is alcoholic.   I don't drink much, but I thought one little glass of apple wine/cider couldn't be that bad—or so I thought. 

The waiter suggested a flagon to share between us as the price was more agreeable.   It was, but the pitcher was huge.  The only thing that saved us from complete and utter intoxication was the fact that it was only mildly alcoholic.  

Dinner was fabulous, served to us at a big picnic table long enough for ten people to sit at it.  They seated us right in the middle.  It was communal dining, but it was delicious.  Tomorrow we'll meet up with some of the other content creators.  For now, I'm going to bed and trying not to wake up too early. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter called us earlier from the park she was at with Papa.   I talked to her about being respectful of Nana and Papa and doing what they said to do, as well as *not* fighting with her brother.  She said she'd try.  We just talked to Nana, and they've already gotten into an argument.  

The Big Boy Cares A Tiny Bit:  My son got on the phone for only a brief moment to make sure we were alive.   Then he said, "Bye" and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment