Saturday, November 12, 2022

A Day Late and A Euro Short

Yet again, I'm post-dating this blog post.   Yesterday was a whirlwind of getting ready to go to Germany for Formnext, a large additive manufacturing conference.   We know a lot of people who will be attending, both from Europe as well as the US.  I was behind schedule and barely made it out of the house at 5:30PM when we needed to leave for the airport. 

Surely I would have time to write a blog post at the airport, right?  I forgot.  And when I groggily woke up to change planes in Iceland, we had no time as our connecting flight was already boarding when we got to the gate.   Now we're in Frankfurt at our hotel, and the sun is shining.   It's a beautiful day.  My husband is snoring.   I think I'm going to join him.

Two Children and A Dog:  The children weren't overly upset that we were leaving them for a week, which I think can only be a good thing.   They were a bit worried when it was finally time to go, but they'll be with Nana and Papa all week so they know they'll be fine.   The dog, on the other hand, got wind of the packing and became agitated.  When Nana was packing the bags in the car, the dog got into the back seat and wouldn't get out.   She, too, will have a fine week while we're away.   Grandparents are wonderful things.  We are grateful to them for giving us this opportunity to go to the conference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment