Thursday, November 24, 2022

Jolly Time

What a delightful day we had for Thanksgiving today.  I hope everyone had a good day there.  We missed having my parents with us, but we were so glad Uncle Bob and Uncle Brian could be here along with my in-laws.  

The food was all delicious with the winning dish sweet potatoes my mother-in-law made for me but everyone loved them. She said it was the best sweet potatoes she'd ever made.  Uncle Bob's apple pie was delightful.  We always love his pies.  My husband's turkey was juicy and just right.  Even the cranberry thwock (uncle Dale's term for canned cranberry sauce named for the sound it makes coming out of the can) was good.

All around the food was too good and I became uncomfortably stuffed.  Which is just as it should be on thanksgiving.

The Big Boy Update:  my son almost ruined thanksgiving by throwing a fit because he didn’t get an adult knife.  His punishment is delayed.  He will find out about it tomorrow. He ended up having a nice meal and joining in the conversation.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  my daughter let me do her hair today. Well, I said it had to be done, but she was amenable to having it blow dried.  It was starting to head into dreadlocks land with a lack of brushing lately. She looked so nice with her hair clean and brushed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment