Sunday, November 6, 2022

Overly Helpful

I have a new printer that had a very successful Kickstarter.   It's an impressive printer and the people who have had them really love them to the point of reserving a second one before they're even on sale for general purchase.  

They've done a lot of things right, with one of those things being support.  The logs from the printer can be pulled by the manufacturer—similar to how Tesla cars can have logs pulled to help with servicing the cars.   In this case, I had an error the printer was giving and a fan that was making a dying sound.  I was able to easily create a help ticket from the phone app based off the error the printer was giving about the LIDAR. 

I mentioned in the ticket that a fan was making a loud noise as well.   They got back to me quickly and we figured out the situation that was causing the error and thankfully it was a software issue and not the hardware so my printer was working correctly (until they got a patch added).   The loud fan was still not resolved. 

It was a fan and it was loud sometimes, but not always.   They were so diligent about finding out more about this fan and when I couldn't get it to reproduce regularly, they were just going to send me the fan for a potential replacement.   They were so on top of the service.   I felt badly that I wasn't getting back to them fast enough with my problem!

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Today the peach cobbler was made by my daughter and husband.  I love cobbler.  But for some reason, my daughter didn't want any after making it.   I had seconds. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son did a lot of work on his Mystery History project today.   He didn't want to stop watching screens, but he knew he had to work.  And he worked well for several hours in the craft room with some white noise playing in the next room to help him focus.  Tomorrow, he has a lot more work to do to be ready for Monday at school.   This is work he is electing to do, not work that has been assigned by his teachers.   He wants his project to be outstanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment