Tuesday, February 1, 2022

In The Dark

We have a therapeutic massage person that comes to the house from time to time.  The children like her and seem to get some benefit from it.  When she arrived today, I had laid down and was asleep, my husband in unusual form, was asleep in the chair in the basement.  My son was in the bonus room and my daughter was in her room, listening to an audio book.   And it was completely black inside the house. 

My daughter came to the door, go the dog to calm down, asked who it was and then let Shelia in, and then fled up the stairs to her room because a good spot was currently happening in her audiobook.  

I groggily got up and found Shelia, who had located some light switches by then.   My daughter didn't need the light to answer the door.  

The Big Boy Update:  I found my son on screens when I woke up tonight.   He said he had permission.  He did, but only for a fraction of the time he took since his parents had both fallen asleep.  Tomorrow there will be a conversation. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  After answering the door tonight, my daughter went up to her room.  I found her sitting on her bed in the dark.  I thought she had been listening to an audiobook but she wasn't.  She was reading, something she doesn't need light to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment