Sunday, February 13, 2022

Could You Meet Me On The Sofa?

My son had a bad day with his father yesterday.   He got into trouble and he was upset about it.   I came home from a girls night dinner to find him curled up in a chair in the kitchen.   I told him to come to the couch with me.  

He normally doesn't want to be overly hugged or touched, but last night he curled up on the couch and I rubbed his back, his legs, his head.  I wanted him to know he was loved and that was the important thing.  I didn't say anything, he didn't say anything, he just let me rub his hair and be there with him.   He fell asleep quickly.   

Tonight he asked me rather suddenly if I could meet him over on the sofa later for him to go to sleep, "like last night."   I said sure and after he had a bath and we rambled on together in the bathroom, we did just that.   And he fell asleep just as quickly as he did last night. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son went to a birthday party today.   It was outside in sunny, warm weather.   He ran around for three hours with other children (and lost two masks during that time somehow).   When I picked him up he was in the most amazing mood, telling me and his father how much he loved us on the ride home when I called home.   We really need to get the children some more time with other children.  COVID-19 has so many other side effects other than the virus itself.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had Ashley over this afternoon, and she needed the social time too.   The two ladies have so much fun together and are at an age where they don't need much help.   I would love to have her spend time with a friend every day if I could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment