Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Breaking Down

When we get older, things start to break or not work the way they used to.  Our bodies aren't meant to last forever, something that's hard to accept when you're young but becomes hopefully an accepted future as we grow older.   It seems of late that so many people I know have someone or mote than one person in their lives who is dealings with the eventualities of living a long life.  

None of the stories are happy.  I don't like getting the texts or seeing friends only to hear about a lost parent or relative who is in a rapid decline of health.   COVID-19 has brought many deaths with it of people across all age ranges, but I'm hearing about more deaths and illnesses unrelated to COVID-19 more than ever now. 

It has been a tough few years on everyone. 

The Big Boy Update:  Did I mention that my son lets me hug him now?   Shh, don't tell him I told you.  If he knew, he surely would stop letting me.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was so upset her friend, Aditi's, eyes were hurting her today.  She is a fellow VI student at her school and their relationship is sometimes rocky.   My daughter is jealous of her vision because Aditi, while blind, can see more than my daughter can.  Still, she was so upset about her eye pain today.   

No comments:

Post a Comment