Sunday, February 6, 2022

It Was An Ice Cream Day

It's midnight or a bit thereafter and I am still full.  I had so much food today in the form of ice cream.   I don't know why, but I had a hankering for ice cream at what should have been lunchtime so I had far more than I should have, because the container just needed finishing.   

For dessert after dinner tonight we all went to a local ice cream place where you walk up, get the ice cream and then get back in the car to eat it with the heat and seat warmers on because it's freezing outside. But it was delicious and since I hadn't had dinner, what with a nice long birthday nap, it was my dinner. 

That makes two ice cream meals for my birthday.  Is it any wonder my pants are feeling tight-fitting tonight?

The Big Boy Update:  My son was very cross tonight.   He wanted to go get ice cream and then when it was time to go was angry we were going to get ice cream.   Then, magically, when he'd had the ice cream, he was in a fine mood again. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I have to tell about my daughter today.  She planned for my birthday, making a treasure hunt of braille papers that I would read and follow around the house until I got to my present.   She got up when I did and made me breakfast.   She was so sweet.   Then she couldn't bear to wait for her father to wake up to start the clue hunt,   He was needed because he had the main present (a LEGO we'll be doing together) somewhere and she needed him to get it for her.   She would come out and say, "I'm going to do a snore check" to determine if he was still asleep.   She was such a sweet daughter to me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment