Friday, February 11, 2022

Valentines Preparation

My daughter loves giving things to people, preparing presents, being generous.   And any holiday where she can give candy to all the people in her class and her teachers is pretty much up there at the top of the holiday list for her.  She has been talking about her Valentines' cards for over a week now.  

I told her I would go and get some of the candy items she wanted if she would prepare the cards.   She has been so worried she wouldn't get them finished in time that she's prepared in advance, bringing her cards (and by that I mean bags with candy in them and a little note from her) tomorrow.  

I got home and helped her.   She had labels for each bag, so she could get different things to different friends.   We told her it all had to be reasonably equal, and she held to that, but she did manage to do some nice variation within a range.  

She was very specific about who should get what, and one of the students had recently gotten braces, so she needed to have certain things and not others.   My daughter wanted a marshmallow heart on a stick that was chocolate-covered.   She was still pleased with me when I told her I found chocolate-covered marshmallows.  

She wanted to take a break in the middle and go read her homework.  I said oh no, we were finishing this right now and not leaving it all over the table with a dog wandering around.   It is all nicely bagged and ready for school in the morning.   Giving things does make my daughter very happy. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has one secret valentine.  He's prepared a card for him and then is possibly breaking the spirit of the rules at his school by having the message say to go to his cubby and look for a bag which has something in it for his friend.  

What is in it?  3D printed models.   My son asked about some models we had on Filament Stories some months back and I said sure.   He piled through bins until he found what he was looking for.   I had him look with me so he could tell his classmate those particular models had been seen by almost twenty thousand people.   

I don't know if his friend will care.  It still seems odd to me that so many people have seen things of ours.   I was glad to have the models used, though. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had to have some teeth checked today because they were hurting her.  The good news is they can be pulled along with the upcoming dental work they're doing to correct a situation in her mouth to give some adult teeth room to mature and grow in.  I was worried my daughter would be afraid, but she seemed fine with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment