Friday, February 4, 2022

The Game of Life

We played The Game of Life tonight as a family.  There was a lot of high energy, excitement when someone got a large amount of money and dejection when they had their money taken from them with the Revenge space.  

My son was hiding his money, changing large bills out for smaller ones to make it look like he had more money and then pretending he was broke.  

We needed to do this, the game playing as a family, for a long time now.  I think I didn't want to do it in part because I thought my daughter wouldn't be able to enjoy it.  But she is having a very good time, even if we have to manage some of the things for her. 

I'm starting to really look forward to Family Game Night.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son saw me changing money and didn't understand that I was trading up, to get fewer bills so I didn't have so much bulk to deal with.   He was trying to get more money in a stack.  We had to cut him off when he started getting all of one of the smaller bills. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is really starting to stand up for herself about being blind.   I wasn't avoiding her question, I was just in the middle of banker things, finding child pegs to put in cars, handling her and my money, doing payday minus fine math and when she complained that it wasn't fair to her because we could see, I started dialoguing everything I was doing.   I'm glad she's speaking up for herself.  She will have to do so her entire life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment