Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Feed The Woozle

We played the game Feed the Woozle tonight for family game night.   It's a game for children from three to six years of age (suggested) but when you have a blind child, sometimes games have a lifespan of much longer.  

The game is a lot about manual dexterity as you have to carry chips to the Woozle across the room in a spoon.   You have to cross the space doing something silly, like bunny hopping, walking backwards, doing a hula dance, spinning or just going crazy.  

My son was interested in playing too, but to him, he wanted to do everything to an extreme.   We successfully finished and won the game as a team the first time around with my daughter and me dropping some of the food to the woozle.   We decided to increase the difficulty by having to do two and then three moves at once as the game went on. 

The second time around we played with everyone having their eyes closed.   It wasn't that hard, but it gave us an insight into how my daughter did what she does and how she makes it look easy.   Everyone laughed at me because I was so careful I was trying to feed the woozle's head and wouldn't stop to feel with my second hand until I finally got the chips into his mouth. 

The way we knew where the woozle was from across the room (something you needed help with if you had your eyes closed and were spinning around or walking backwards) we tapped on the woozle's cardboard head so we could locate via sound. 

A lot of laughing was had and we got a chance to spend time together.   It didn't matter that the game was for little children at all. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son came home with sticks he's been working on turning into tools and weapons at school during recess.   Weapons at a Montessori school?   "Tools, Mom, and we don't use them," I was informed.  He spent a lot of the night writing up and then printing out some team names and guidelines for the team members for the rest of their work with these "tools" that he put back in his backpack to take to school in the morning. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I got an, "I hate you, Mom" tonight when I took my daughter's Alexa after she was very rude to me because I walked into her room to say goodnight.   She was reading and I think she's had a lot of homework lately.   Still, she can be polite, or at least apologize when she realized the situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment