Saturday, February 26, 2022

So Many Platforms

YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels, Instagram IGTV, TikTok Live, YouTube Live, Instagram Live, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Patreon, Discord, and more, oh my!

There are so many platforms that are in the realm of social media.  We're publishing on many of them, but not all.  There are just too many to be able to manage and have time in the day to get any real work done.  Perhaps with a team of people or no children, job or life and you could do them all.   But I don't want to do them all.  

We've avoided Twitter for the most part for most of the time Filament Stories has been active.  We knew we needed to post there because odd as it seems, the people and atmospheres of the different platforms does make a difference.  

So tonight, we took pictures and uploaded them to Twitter, posting in advance so that while we're on vacation one or two posts will happen each day.  Twitter is different in that it's mostly pictures with a line or so of text.  It's almost manageable.   Twitter is a good place to make connections and is a positive place to communicate for the most part.  We just avoided it at first until we got the video part of things under control. 

Success is measured one platform at a time, I suppose.   Speaking of time, we need more of it.  It's two-fifteen in the morning again and I haven't even gotten a print started on livestream.   But I don't mind; this evening we got the most heartfelt thanks from a filament company I was actually critical of.  They're changing how they deliver their filament based on our videos and were instead of being unhappy with our videos, were incredibly grateful for the feedback and exposure.  

It was a surprise and a relief as I didn't like saying things that weren't complimentary, even if they were done in the most positive way I could manage. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son asked for me to print him a headphone stand.  I used a filament that came all the way from Turkey.   It's a bright yellow skull and he loves it.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had a very hard time not telling me what was coming up in the books we'd listen to when she had listened ahead.   She just had to give hints.  Now though, she knows to not tell me anything and is even getting good at making me wonder which direction the story is going to go with her vague comments.   It's nice to see her be able to keep a secret and not let on that she knows a secret in the first place

No comments:

Post a Comment