Friday, February 18, 2022

The Hundredth Day

My fingers are sore.  So are my husband's.  Tomorrow is my daughter's hundredth day of school for the calendar year and there is always a celebration.  You put a hundred of something on a shirt to celebrate, typically something interesting.   My daughter wanted to do balloons, which wouldn't be a problem because I have a hot glue gun and a lot of balloons.

Only they don't stay affixed with hot glue.  Or cyanoacrylate glue.  And sewing them in only made a complete mess of the balloons and the shirt.   We tried several other things and my daughter fell asleep in a dejected lump on the floor.  

A long while later and one hundred balloons have been affixed with one hundred brads.   My fingers are so sore.  But my daughter will be happy. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been having the absolute best time with Labo, something like a construction puzzle and video game at the same time.  Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Margaret got it for my son some time back and he liked it, but he never finished all the projects.   He asked me tonight when I got home, "Mom, do you want to fish?"   I used a cardboard made fishing pole with a string on the end and played the most realistic game of fishing.   It's really interesting how they came up with the projects.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter played on a playground today with her mask on with three children she met while I had a parent/teacher conference about some worries my daughter was having at school.   She is doing very well, but she wants to excel at everything.  Her deficit in vision makes her want to be an overachiever in everything else.  All is well at school, but it was nice to catch up with her teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment