Monday, February 14, 2022

I Would Never Forget About You

I forgot about you.  This blog post.  It's almost three in the morning, but we got two videos completed and a lot of other work done.   I have to get up at six-thirty to take my daughter to early school chorus practice.  I'd better write this up and get to bed. 

We went to a concert today for blind and visually impaired children.  There were so many people that were involved in organizing it considering the number of students who attended the performance.   It was a very nice event and I am so grateful they organized it and took the time to make music accessible for the children. 

My daughter got to play a cello and feel what a cello is like on the inside (there was one that was broken that she could feel).  What impressed me the most was the performers.  There were a few in eighth grade but most were in high school.   There were pianists, violinists, cellists, and violists.   They played in quartets with two pieces each.  

The performers spoke to the audience with confidence as they introduced the pieces and played so well I would have never guessed they weren't already in a symphony.   The skill these students had was impressive.  I wanted to give them all a standing ovation. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was worried I was falling asleep at the concert.  He would nudge me and I would have to tell him, "I'm listening, I'm not falling asleep, but thank you."  I suppose he has seen me fall asleep in some unusual places before.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got dressed up today for the concert in her long black dress and dress shoes she wears for choir performances.   Well, one performance so far.   She looked so lovely, she even let me do her hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment