Thursday, January 20, 2022

Went To Bed

Yesterday my daughter and I went to get our own COVID-19 tests.  I still wonder if she, my son, and I have it and it's brewing in our bodies and just hasn't shown itself yet.  My husband continues to be fine although he never takes his mask of which I'm sure has been challenging for him.  He wants to try and keep us safe.

It was getting late and I was playing Othello with my daughter when the texts came in with our test results.  I had assumed they'd be positive.  My daughter was chain asking me what the results were while I tried to get the right birthday entered with each of the notifications.   It turned out we were both negative as well.

Hopefully, we'll stay negative, but if we turn up positive this is a better strain to get than the prior ones.  Things are canceling all over the place.  People are working from home, countries that had the virus under control are now dealing with more cases than they know what to do with and protocols are breaking down.   Or at least that's what I'm hearing from 3D printing friends who live in other geographies as they talk about the situation where they are. 

So I went to bed.  To celebrate?  I don't know.  I think to sleep.  I was just tired.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is out of school tomorrow because there may be snow.  "may be" is all it takes to cancel school these days.  When I was young you needed a good snowfall in progress to cancel school.   Back then, I would just walk home, which was wonderful, walking home in the snow, knowing I would be out of school for at least a few days. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was so excited about the snow possibility.  All it takes is a few flakes and she's outside.  The last freezing rain had made a mess of broken-up frozen water on the trampoline.   It looked very uncomfortable to jump around on, but to her, it was exciting stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment