Saturday, January 8, 2022

Sleep

I think my husband and I have been working a lot and some of it, well okay, a lot of it has taken us into the late night.  We haven't been wanting to stay us late, but things take a good while to do well.   And my husband and I each have our own ways in which we want to put out quality content.   On the balance, I think it's been a good thing as what we've been releasing seems to be considered fairly professionally done. 

And that surprises me, because the last thing my husband and I are is professionals at this.  We don't know what we're doing it seems.  Although we have figured out a lot of things by muddling through things over time.  

It has been at a cost of sleep on may nights.  My husband is pretty amazing and doesn't seem to need as much sleep as I do.  I have had to take naps some days, which help a lot.  Getting things done when the children are asleep is easier because we can focus on the work.  We do want to be parents when the children are awake.  It's a balance, that's for sure. 

This week my husband has slept very late two days and been surprised he did.  I think he must have needed it because he's been working very hard.  I've been tired too and right now, I just want to go to sleep and sleep in in the morning.   I tend to wake up though, so we'll see if that actually happens.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son is very happy it's Friday and he can have some screen time.  He has none during the school week now that the holidays are over. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter found out today that she will be going through, with me, the scenario she'll have at the dentist's office for removing her teeth.   She wants to know if there will be a needle.   I told her the fear is in her mind and that we'll be talking about needles and what will happen that day.   Just the thought of going through this with me caused her to flee the room.   I think we have a lot of work to do to get her more calm about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment