Thursday, January 6, 2022

Oral Surgery

Tomorrow morning my daughter is having dental surgery.  She has some baby teeth that have in no way even begun to think about considering getting out of the way for her permanent teeth.  I'm glad my husband has been pursuing the dental needs for the children because this might not have been caught otherwise.  

The last time my daughter had anything done she was very upset and it was hard on her and the dentist.   She gets like this, probably because of all the medical that's happened to her over the years.   And yet she seems almost serene about tomorrow's impending teeth pulling.  They are going to do several things and she will be getting braces at some point in the reasonably near future, and this is the first step.  

I hope it is easy for her and she doesn't panic.   We'll find out tomorrow. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was worried that his father slept a lot today and wanted to tell the teachers at school and let them decide if he should go to school.   I agreed and disagreed with him.  I said that sometimes the teachers don't have the same amount of information as the parents and it's important for the right person to make the school attendance decision.   I think my husband was just very tired from lots of work staying up late.   He talked to my son about it and I think they both felt better because of it. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had an appointment with her psychiatrist today.  I asked her to think about what to say and that her doctor needed to know, above anyone else, what she was feeling and thinking.  She was very open and honest with him.  I was really proud of her.  I don't think it was easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment