Thursday, January 20, 2022

Negative

Well, this is unexpected.  My son texted negative, or "Undetected" for COVID-19.   So he's clear or at least he is as of today when they took the sample.  My daughter and I are also not showing symptoms but we're getting tests tomorrow.  Is the single act of my husband wearing an N-95 mask all the time, day and night, keeping us safe?

From all the reports of how virulent the Omnicron strain is, the numbers of people getting infected, countries like Australia who had very few cases at all suddenly being overcome to the point that the protocols have become outdated faster than they can react to the situation, how can we, living in a house with someone who is positive, who is touching the same things surely that we are before we realized he was positive, so many ways we could have been infected, and yet we're not showing signs?

I'm wondering if we're all still incubating.  We will know soon enough I suppose. I applaud my husband for doing what he can to keep us safe.  His ears are sore from wearing the mask constantly, but he still wears it.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son may or may not be happy about going back to school tomorrow.  He has been bouncing off the walls here. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was not happy when she heard she had to have a test again tomorrow.  We assured her it was the easy kind that didn't require one of those deep nasal probes, but it was still upsetting to her.  Hopefully, she'll be fine tomorrow when we get to the drive-up testing location.

No comments:

Post a Comment