Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Off The Floors!

Tomorrow is the day when the very nice ladies come to clean our house again.  My children do not like cleaning things up in preparation, because why clean when people are coming to clean.  The age old answer of, "you can't clean if you can't get to the things that need to be cleaned" was used.  The word, "surfaces" and "covered" were discussed.  And the children reluctantly decided they would help. 

Typically, I would have to go through lots of parental discussions, bordering on arguments possibly, to get them to tidy their things but today for some reason, they were in not only a willing mood but a helpful one.  

My son cleaned his whole room and then tackled more of the bonus room than was strictly necessary.  In the middle of that he also got two KiwiCo crates completed and had started on a third.   Not only that, he was also helpful with his sister, piling all her things together that needed to be cleaned up, or just dumping them in her room in piles.   He was in rare form, as my mother would say.  

The house really looks quite nice tonight.  And I didn't have to do as much as I did for years when they were younger.   It's rather nice. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son piled over five hundred stuffed animals and blankets onto his bed that had hitherto been on the floor of his room.  Perhaps I am exaggerating on the number but when I walked into his now clean room, the area in which he sleeps was piled so high it was almost touching the underside of the top bunk.  He insisted he wanted to sleep that way.   I don't know how he'll sleep at all. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was a little upset that her brother was dumping things into her room tonight when they were cleaning the house.  I don't think she realized he was trying to help her locate things that were strewn all over the place.  She was a little indignant until I explained.  She didn't like feeling as though she needed help, but I think she realized it wasn't being done in a mean way when she thought about it more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment