Tuesday, January 25, 2022

The Models That Never Get Printed

For being around 3D printers all day there are a lot of models that just don't get printed.  For instance, I had all but one printers down today because we needed to film in the room with the printers, and having them up means noise.  They're quite quiet overall, but the camera mic is excellent at picking up things even with noise dampening, which can dampen out things we want in the shot (sound?) so they have to be off. 

Which means I can't start models the night before if they'll still be printing the next day when we want to film, even if that filming we plan on doing at ten in the morning gets derailed by so many things that after midnight tonight we still didn't get all the filming we wanted to get done filmed...so I can't print tonight because of tomorrow.  

It's okay though, a lot of things still get printed.   Many days aren't filming days.   Tomorrow, I hope, will be the last for a few days in a row. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son stayed up late (not intentionally, he couldn't sleep) to help pull off a thirty-hour print on TikTok live stream tonight.   He was very excited to be a part of it. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted more tactile coloring books today, but there aren't many to be had.  Only I may have figured out a way to 3D print her anything she wants to color on paper.   It worked easily tonight and tomorrow I'm going to show her the things I was able to make.  If they work out, I'll be able to easily make her tactile pages to color any time she wants them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment