Wednesday, January 12, 2022

The Lost Polish

My daughter uncharacteristically asked if we could go get a pedicure or a manicure together.  I've asked her to go before but she usually says no, even if she's currently bored.  Today, she wanted to go and since my fingernails were a mess and I had a bandaid keeping a toenail from snagging and tearing.  

We got there and the ladies all knew my daughter from when she came one time with my probably two years ago.   She and I will both never forget the time she went to sit in the pedicure chair and not realizing there was a tub of water there, she sat straight into it.  

She and I got to play games and we talked to the people about what was happening to her legs, feet and toes.   I had more to get done since I had gel polish to take off and change, so I let her get an upgraded pedicure that included getting her feet wrapped in paraffin.   

She loved it all.  When we were leaving she wanted to wear out those incredibly cheap and awkward to walk in foam flip flops.   She was talking and didn't catch that I said to step down so she stumbled down the curb, scraped the polish off one small toe and broke the little sandal flip flops.

She cried and was upset.   She was mollified by knowing we had almost the exact same polish at home and I would get her a smoothie on the way home.   We had a nice day together. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been tearing through some KiwiCo crates recently.  They pile up sometimes with the children not doing anything for several months and then there is a flurry of KiwiCo building.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  When picking a new book series today it was no wonder my daughter picked the one about a candy store that had candies with magical powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment