Saturday, January 15, 2022

Unexpected Death

My husband got a call this morning that his mother's sister, his Aunt Betty, had died unexpectedly in the night.  She was not in good health and in a home, but she had recently made it through COVID-19 and there wasn't any expectation that she was in distress.  

My mother-in-law was understandably very upset.  It is a shock to hear your only sister has suddenly died, even if she wasn't in the best of health.   Nancy took the news well considering and was on and off the phone all day I am sure talking to people.  

I met Aunt Betty once when I was pregnant with my son.  She was friendly and laughed a lot while we were there with my sister-in-law.  She and I talked on the phone today and remembered that trip together. 

My daughter burst into tears when she heard about Aunt Betty's death.  She had never met her, but she'd talked to her on the phone.  My daughter never likes there to be an end to anything. 

Even though we didn't know her well, she was a member of the family and we will miss her. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl About To Be Grounded Forever Fighting:  I won't go into it, but I told the children they had a choice: get along with no more fighting or stay in their room until the long weekend (in which there might be some sprinkling of snow) is over.   They opted for getting along.

No comments:

Post a Comment