Sunday, January 30, 2022

Walking Charlotte

Our neighbor called and asked if my daughter would be interested in walking and feeding their dog, Charlotte for the next day-and-a-half while they were out of town on short notice.   I said sure, knowing I'd be involved.   

But I'm not sure I really needed to be.   She knew how to get into their garage with the code, she knew the key was in the pot hidden in a certain place and if I showed her how to use the key (she's only used combination door locks in her life I believe) she could have gotten in and out of the door. 

She found Charlotte's leash without me even telling her where it was.   She knew where the food was, played with Charlotte, did the walking of Charlotte and knew when there was poop to be picked up from the smell.   She wouldn't have easily been able to pick it up without the chance of a mess, but with some practice I'm sure we could come up with a plan.  

She pretty much didn't need me, which just goes to show how capable a blind person really can be.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I was worried Charlotte would bolt when she was under my daughter's leash control, but she listened to her and followed her requests just by the tone of voice she used.  My daughter wasn't afraid of losing her at all. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn't realize he needed to not let the dog out when we went to see Charlotte today because she very much wants to see Charlotte.   We were about to go in their garage door to the house proper when I turned around and our dog was right there, waiting to go inside and meet Charlotte with us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment