Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Detected

My husband just got his test result back and it says, "Detected".  So he has COVID-19.  He's felt well today with the exception of a small cough every now and then.  He went to get another drive through test today because the test from yesterday still isn't back.  

We're taking my son to get a test tomorrow and debating if my daughter and I should get one too, even though we have no symptoms.  My husband has worn a mask all the time, including sleeping, which is very considerate of him.  

He says, were it not for all that's gone before with COVID-19, he would have thought this was a mild cold that went away in a day or so and thought very little of it.  But this is COVID-19 we're talking about, and all the rules are different.

The Big Boy Update:  My son wasn't very nice to his sister today.  He said tonight when I asked him about it, talking a little on how we've all been cooped up together for several years now, "Mom, sometimes I think I'm going a little crazy being around her."   They are friends and then enemies at least ten times a day. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My son was mean to his sister intentionally today, using her blindness against her.  She did the wailing thing and came in to be with me.  She said she had to tell me she didn't think we were her real parents.  She just felt it deep down.  She said her real home was in the clouds and if only she weren't blind (and could also fly) she could get there.  More crying commenced and I listened and promised her I wasn't mad.  She said, "I mean you and dad are nice and all, but I'm just not sure you're my real parents."  Then, as suddenly as it came on, she turned a switch and said, "well this is getting too dramatic" and she started talking about normal things in a normal tone.   She sometimes needs to get out her feelings.  I guess it's better than holding them in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment