Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Emails Running Amok

Things have priorities and depending on how high something is it will either get done earlier or later, or perhaps not at all.   I have a thing about my email, liking it to be as empty as possible.  I wax and wane on the state of my inboxes, sometimes having nothing them at all, meaning everything needing to be done from an email-based standpoint has been taken care of, responded to or filed.   Sometimes, things are not so well-managed. 

The current state of my emails is full blown jungle overgrowth.   I get a bit of time here and there and do some portion of catching up, but it isn't enough to make any real progress.   At the end of the day, typically quite late, I just want to go to sleep.  Or when I do take time to not do anything and relax or take a nap, email is the furthest thing from my mind. 

The way 3D printing works is there are lots and lots of little things that need to be taken care of.  Maybe I should write a blog post about that some day, although it might bore you to death.   Even though there are long bouts of time for some models that they print on quietly and calmly without your intervention, when you have multiple printers running at the same time, something always needs to be taken care of, restarted, sliced, downloaded, uploaded, edited, filament changed, ad nauseam.  

I have let the emails slide.   I'm getting to all the important ones and perhaps it doesn't matter that everything isn't filed, deleted or marked.  Every few days I say, "I'm going to beat back my inbox(es) tomorrow!" not unlike the phrase we are known to say about starting the diet tomorrow.  Only tomorrow it gets put off for another day. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl One Minute Shower Morning:  We forgot to set our weekday alarms back on and woke up eight minutes before we needed to leave for school—and the children absolutely, positively had to have showers because they were bad news from a cleanliness perspective.   Somehow we made it to school as they were shutting the door to my son's classroom so technically he was late, but only by a minute or two.  My daughter and I missed our morning Starbucks pumpkin bread, but we somehow survived.   The car had breakfast consumed in it, I'm not sure how it fared with the crumbs though.

No comments:

Post a Comment