Saturday, November 20, 2021

I am the Bed Destroyer!

I just heard my son say online to his friends, "I am the bed destroyer!  How many beds have gotten?"  Now if he were a teen, I would have been concerned.   He is about to turn eleven in a few weeks and at this point, comments like that I know mean something else entirely.  

He was playing a variant of Minecraft in which eight players try to conquer each other's bases.   The "mod" is called Bed Wars, because to knock the other players out, you have to destroy their beds.   The players can either take an offensive position and attack the other players or spend time trying to fortify their bedrooms and beds, commonly entombing them in layers upon layers of bricks and other materials.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn't have a good end of the day.   He had his friends complaining that his microphone wasn't working, which really upset him.   He didn't want to eat his dinner and generally had a bad time all around, which we felt badly about because his aunt and uncle were visiting.   His father spent some time with him in his bedroom tonight and he thinks he helped.   We had no idea his mic wasn't working consistently.  I hate hardware that's not working well, just like my son, only no one teases me about it. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  In true fashion for my daughter, just because the adults were interested in talking, it didn't stop her from making up games that we had to passively play.  She would come around and whisper words in our ears and the one with the different word was, "the special one" that round, or tap us on the shoulder and see who was paying attention and if so, how many times did she tap us?   She was so happy having us all around and not in the least bit deterred when we said we didn't want to play games because we wanted to talk and catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment