Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Holly Night

On the way to chorus today my daughter wanted to do a round of Silent Night, one of the songs she's singing with the older chorale group, who will be singing an entirely different song while they sing Silent Night.  She and I have practiced this together and it's tricker than we thought it would be, but we've got the timing down now and we don't have to put our fingers in our ears so we're not distracted by the other person's part. 

She decided she wanted to do a standard round of Silent Night today, though and it was a bit in when she corrected me, saying it was "holly night". I said the word was "holy" and then thought that perhaps she didn't know the full meaning of the song. 

She was fully aware of the story Silent Night is about, but she hadn't made the connection with the words of that song.   After explaining, she was quiet, thinking about the song's meaning until we parked.

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn't finish folding his laundry last night so he was grounded today until he did.  My mother picked him up from school and he was hungry but he declined my mother's offer to get him food through a drive through.   When my husband and I found out, we told him we were so sorry, that that's not what we had meant.   He doesn't have much of an appetite from the Adderall he takes for school and we like to make sure he's fed when he gets home.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: My daughter rode home from choir with her friend Grace, who is also visually impaired.  This is the first time in all the years my children have been alive that we've had driver duty turn taking with another family.  My daughter loves getting to spend time with Grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment