Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Sparrow's Fart

I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking, "what?"   That's okay, we were thinking the same thing too. I had a friend from Australia mail me a care package in thanks for some filament I sent her.   As it turns out, "the sparrow's fart" means way too early in the morning, the crack of dawn.

And as it also turns out, I have to get up at the sparrow's fart in the morning.   And now I'm wondering if the last the words in that sentence are redundant.   They probably are.  

I have another Australian friend who is going to be my new Australian slang victim.   I shall unleash it on him when he least expects it.   I just explained about having to get up at the sparrow's fart and he texted back he was on a video call and he was trying not to laugh. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has four hours of standardized tests to take in the morning—at ten years old.   Plus an essay.   I have no idea how he's going to make it through.  I wouldn't be able to sit still for that long at that age and take a test.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter loved opening the care package from my Australian friend.   She is a model designer and she made her a keychain with her online name, 3DPrintBunny, in Braille.   So cool

No comments:

Post a Comment