Tuesday, November 9, 2021

To Portland We (will eventually) Go

We had another call today with the company that wants to hire us to do their filament social media.   We're going to do this, because the company is very reputable and is well-connected and, well, it's my favorite filament company.   We're scheduling going to their location to collect a lot of footage on all aspects of what they do. 

It's also their eight year anniversary coming up, which seems short in some ways but in the 3D printing world, that's a decently long tenure.   They're going to ask some other social media people to come join us, which, if it happens, will likely be very beneficial for us as well from a connections standpoint. 

This is all odd, surreal, bizarre.   We're working with, talking to, making future plans with and being hired by (I think there was some redundancy in that list) people and companies I would have never thought I would even have a chance to meet.   I'm not sure, but I might be dealing with a bit of the imposter syndrome.   

It's exciting.   Now we need to do the quality job we've been doing for ourselves for someone else.   They're extremely nice to work with and we're all being very reasonable with what we can do and the timeframe in which we can do it.  It's a very positive situation and with a company I'm pretty much thrilled to be working with. 

The Children To The Grandparent's:  My daughter wanted to know if she could go to Portland with us to the filament company.   I told her maybe next time.   Our thanks (in advance) to my in-laws for being willing to watch the children while we're gone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment