Monday, November 15, 2021

Family Visits

I came home today to find my daughter walking a dog that wasn't ours.  I realized fairly quickly that it was Daisy, my brother- and sister-in-law's dog, visiting with Nana, who was bringing my daughter home from school.   The dog is stopping in for a week while her parents are traveling back and forth from Florida as they relocate to their new, under renovations, retirement home.

Daisy is only one of several family stopping in for a "spell" here.  My cousin and her husband are spending the night with us tomorrow.   They're in for a dinner event in town and we're glad to have them stay and catch up where we can. 

Then, my brother-in-law and his wife will be back and plan on storing their trailer in our off-site garage later this week.   And later still, they'll be back down to get the trailer and leave some other things which they'll be back for later.  

All in all, it's nice to have family around again after all the time and distance COVID-19 put between us. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has loads and loads of fidgets.  More fidgets than anyone needs to have.  Of course the one thing she wants is the one thing we gave away at her party yesterday: these little rubbery, squishy things called Mochis.   She wants them because the set I got online had all kinds of shapes she'd never felt before.   She might even spend her allowance to get some. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son has to take a standardized test for middle school entrance this week.   He can take it a second time, but either time he takes it he will have to answer questions quickly.  Hopefully he'll do well on the test.   We'll know eventually how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment