Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Long or Short? Detailed or High-Leveled?

I spent several hours today filming a review I'm going to be putting out on the Mosaic Palette 3.   After finishing it my husband pointed out that the monitor (a small screen that lets me see what's being recorded) had dropped over the corner of the lens, blocking part of the shot.  That meant a significant portion of what I'd recorded was unusable.  

Or was it?  I asked my husband if he could do some editing magic and paste the unblocked corner from another video earlier on, before I knocked the monitor (not like a computer monitor, this is a small thing like a small-sized tablet that I use only at the beginning to make sure the videos look okay.)  My husband had saved the day and the video I'd been working on so long to script, or to outline more accurately, didn't have to be recorded again. 

It took me a number of takes to get what was in my mind to work well when I recorded it.   But I'm not sure I want to publish it after my husband said something: is it interesting, fast-paced, full of neat things, shot changes, basically anything to make a longer video something people will want to take twenty to thirty minutes to watch?

And this got me thinking.   We talked about it and I explained what I thought the typical audience would be like that would watch the video, and I think I may want to do it over.   Is that bad after all the work I did today?''  Possibly not.  It will be much easier to redo and if I can make it snappier, plus do a quick overview video for people who don't want an in-depth view of the product, it might be better than what I recorded.  

I need to look at the current video and make a decision.  And I need to get this video out because I'd like to have it behind me. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Uncles Arrive:  Children are interesting things.  They love their uncles Bob and Brian, but when they're occupied on something else it is quite possible they won't jump out of their chairs to say hello and greet them upon their arrival.   My son stopped watching television and did his version of hello and my daughter was definitely happy to see them.   My son went back to his television show as soon as he'd said his greetings and my daughter headed off to Madison's house (a special concession letting the girls come into each other's houses).  They've been talking about when they'd get here so I know they're excited to see them.   So am I.  I can't believe it's been two years since we've seen them because of COVID-19.

No comments:

Post a Comment