Wednesday, November 3, 2021

It's Getting Easier

The first post I put up with my voice was scary, but it was recorded and gone over multiple times so it wasn't that scary.   The first time I posted something with my face in it I was terribly scared, but I knew I had to do it or I wouldn't be able to create the content I needed to.   And recently, the first time I did a live stream I thought I would have chattering teeth and freeze up, but it wasn't that bad. 

The second live stream was today, rather spur of the moment when I discovered I had everything working again after hardware errors.   I am intentionally not publicizing the live streams in advance in the hope that not many people will attend, which would make things easier for me.   And that did work out, although I had one person from Brazil and one from Ireland today, which was nice, even though the attendance was quiet low. 

The thing is, it's not as scary as I had feared it would be.   Now, granted, things haven't all gone to hell with nothing working at all. making me look like I haven't a clue about what I'm doing.   That helped.   But still, it's been low key, knowing people might watch later, but for now, I could just stand there, look at a lens and talk about whatever I wanted to on topic while things were happening, and then during bits of time while we waited, it was easy to ramble on just like I normally do.   

I am certain things will be terrible at some point if I continue to do this live stream portion of 3D Printing Content Creation, but for now, I've survived two new product demonstrations.  The product is complex and potentially temperamental but things worked out, which is all I could have hoped for.   

Actually, if a few things hadn't worked out, it would have been even better because I was ready to show how to handle certain situations.   But that's okay, there will be time for errors and issues later. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son came in in the middle of the live stream asking on a piece of hand-written paper if he could do some programming on his computer.   I said no.   He made the sad face.   A few minutes later he came back with a second piece of paper asking for just fifteen minutes to which I also said no.   He took it in stride and even helped me clean up after the stream. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter desperately needs new shoes.   Her feet have grown, but more than anything she left her shoes out at the trampoline in the rain and they turned all kinds of sour, even after a cleaning wash.   She and I went to get new shoes tonight with the understanding that if she leaves her new shoes outside to get rained on for multiple days again, she's buying the next set of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment