Saturday, November 13, 2021

Booking Flights

Well, we're a go for a trip to Portland to work with a filament company that wants to hire us to do their social media.   We've discussed goals and we're all going to prepare in advance with us working on some things here and them thinking about what they want to have long-term from a content perspective.  As I type this, my husband is booking flights.  

It's a bit surreal, this whole thing.   It's like the imposter syndrome: surely this can't be me.   I have messages in my Instagram inbox from companies that want to talk to us and emails to respond to.   And yet we're so tiny.  Less than twenty thousand combined subscribers/followers and yet because our focus is specifically filament and no one is doing similar content, companies are starting to want to work with us. 

I already have a patter I send back stating what we're willing to do and within what timeframe.   It's not a problem committing to make a video if they send a filament (I suggest only one filament but some have sent more) because I need filament to make the videos.   I have a surplus I could do videos on for some time, but newer filaments are nice and sometimes reflect what's becoming more popular.   So I have the filament company side relatively handled at this point. 

But the large amount of work we'll be doing for this one company is a bit of a mystery to me at this point. They understand we're not professionals, they're only asking for us to do work similar to what we've put out for our own content.   Still, we want to do the best job we can. 

Then there are the other content creators.  For some reason, we're suddenly "one of them" when only a few months ago I was someone watching their content as a viewer.   That part is odd too, when they comment on your content.   

But the most interesting thing is a day we'll be spending while we're there.   We're going to do a day of filming with one of the biggest content creators in the 3D printing English-speaking world.   He's recently been working with Neil Patrick Harris on some 3D printed things for his home.   But outside of that Hollywood anomaly, he's just big in the world of 3D printing.   And we're going to be filming with him. 

The Big Boy Update:  I hate to mention this, but for the sake of historical accuracy I think I should mention that my son is streaking his pants again.  Streaking is a minor word for what's happening.  There is nothing medically wrong with him, he just doesn't want to stop what he's doing to go to the bathroom.  Oddly, I remember feeling the same way when I was young.   Tonight, we couldn't get him to stop what he was doing to eat dinner, if that's any indication to the level of his focus when he gets focused.   He is fine, and "just being a boy and he'll grow out of it" his doctor has said.  He doesn't like dealing with it afterwards, but he doesn't want to stop and go when he needs to either. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got more birthday presents today.   They came in the mail and she wanted to open them so badly but I had finally laid down to rest for just a bit.   She couldn't wait so she tried to wake me up.   Apparently I wasn't coming out of the sleep I had drifted off to not ten minutes before.   After trying to rouse me for a few minutes she said, "Maybe I should come back later."   That jolted me awake.   I had been trying to wake up but the sadness in her voice made me realize what had been happening and that I wasn't there for her to celebrate opening her presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment