Saturday, November 20, 2021

Test Video

My husband and I worked on a sample video to send to our new client.   It's short at only twenty seconds in length, but I think it looks quite professional.   We're going to have a meeting with them and get their feedback as soon as one of them is back from vacation. 

I like the content we produced, but I think the thing that makes it is the animation sequence for their new logo, which has been recently updated to reflect that they're now making recycled filament.  We engaged a graphics designer to do something short with the logo to animate it in some way to be used in videos.  We knew we could do something, but it would be at the level we wanted to be and we would have spent far too long on the lesser version we might have come up with. 

The designer initially came back with a seven-second video.  We had asked for a two to four-second video.   We went back and explained much of the content we would be making would be only twenty seconds long and so it had to be much shorter.   We decided on three seconds and he came back with a very nice version that was shortened while keeping the essence of what he'd done in the first iteration. 

So far, I think the video work we've done for the client doesn't have the same feel as our videos, which was something we wanted to try and do—to separate the work with a different style.   We'll see how they like it and what suggestions the client has. 

I'm so glad we got an outside source to build the logo work.   It looks very good. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son asked for new masks.  He wears disposable masks for school and complained there were only pink ones with hearts left.  I got him several sets, all with space themed patterns.  He found them before I even had a chance to show him.  He said he liked them a lot.   I think he'll look good in a black mask with stars and planets on it.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is still in book reading grounding status.   She was very unhappy tonight about not playing with her friends tomorrow.   If she read book four in the set (braille book, one fifth of the total book and reasonable in size to read) then she could play with Keira.  She said it was impossible.   I said I was so sorry about it, but she decided to play with her friends and not read for the past three weeks and that made this weekend a hard one to catch up.  Consequences can be hard, I hope she remembers this for next quarter's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment