Monday, November 15, 2021

Middle School Applications

It is very hard to believe we are filling out applications for middle school for my son.  My daughter will be going to the school that has the vision impairment specialty with the county's public schools, so we don't have to do anything for her next year, but since my son is attending a Montessori school that's private, we have to make a decision on where he'll be going next year. 

There is a possibility we could have him attend his current school for one more year and then have him and his sister attend the same school the following year, which is one of the options we'll look into, but we also want to consider other options. 

This weekend we had to pull teeth, and by that I mean we had to get my son to answer two written questions for one of the applications.   One of the questions was if he had a super power that would help him at school, what would it be?   The second was how has an experience at home changed how he sees things in the world. 

The second was an easy one because he talked about how having a sister who is blind had helped him see people with disabilities just as regular people and that he saw them the same as he sees everyone else.   The super power one I had to help with and we decided he would be Focus, a super hero who's power gave him the ability to focus (which definitely has advantages when it comes to school)

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn't get off the computer at the start of my daughter's birthday party today and then proceeded to throw an entire temper tantrum because of his actions.  I had to go to extremes, counting to ten, telling him he'd better get his butt outside, and then, to no adult's surprise, he had a good time.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's birthday party was today.   She had a great time and I think her friends did as well.  Many Popits and Fidgets and things that the children know all the names of that we as adults can't keep straight, were handed out.   Also, there was cotton candy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment