Thursday, November 25, 2021

Hedgehog!

Today we had four grandparents, two uncles, two parents, two children, and a dog for Thanksgiving dinner.  We had taken my parents and the children's uncles over to visit the rental property we bought during COVID-19 that hopefully will someday have our retirement home built on it.  For now, it's a very eclectic rental property.

My husband was working on the turkey, Uncle Bob was making a pie.  Mimi and Gramps had brought ham and green bean casserole.  Nana was making a completely from scratch starting with a pumpkin pie. Dinner was on the way to being ready.

Uncle Bob managed to get ten chairs around the one table in our dining room and we had a very nice dinner with no bickering at all from the children.  They were having fun doing something that could be initiated by either child by calling out, "hedgehog!"

The two children would then duck under the table and grab our legs or play with the dog, who was waiting to have any food at all sent her way.  

The food was so good tonight.   I ate some of everything except the roll and then finished up with a slice of both pies.  

I got to sit beside my father and talk to him some.   It was nice to spend a little time talking with him.   He's become more quiet as he's grown older but he does talk a good bit when it's just him and you.  

It was a lovely Thanksgiving.  I'm so grateful for the family we have and that we were able to get together this week and today.

The Big Boy Update:  My son opened his birthday present from my parents early tonight.  I haven't seen him so excited.  He got a mouse for the computer that apparently is the best mouse for drag clicking—ever.   He hugged them and thanked them and then ran downstairs to install it.  He is playing on the computer now, presumably drag clicking away.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is currently wearing the Cookie Monster pajamas I got myself for Christmas two years ago.   It's a bit scratchy, what with it costing only five dollars and most of the cost being eaten up with fluff materials of questionable quality.   The ankles are elastic so it doesn't really show how loose the pajamas are on her.   She is so happy.   I can't believe she's wearing my pajamas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment