Sunday, November 7, 2021

Colour

I have a 3D printing friend in Australia.   When I type to him online I use the Australian (or British) spelling of words.  I do this with other people as well, but I chat with him quite a lot as I'm his beta tester for all the models he designs.   

We talk about filaments a lot, which necessitates discussion of colors for models or filaments we might want to order.  What I didn't realize for a good while was that we must use the word 'color' quite a lot because I find myself almost spelling it 'colour' when I type the word in other situations.  I'm having to actively remember to spell it 'color' sometimes. 

I rather like the British/Australian spelling for a lot of things.  I've never mentioned to my friend that I use one spelling over another for words.  I wonder if he's ever noticed?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:
 My daughter loves to play Othello.   She originally could see the colors on the board but now we play with a board that has inset spaces for each of the pieces and we have a felt spot added to each of the black pieces.   She is good at the game.  Very good for age nine and specifically for someone who can't glance at the board but has to remember what's where with only reviewing things with her fingers.   She and I are evenly matched and we have a lot of fun playing together. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son and husband are playing a new game together.  It's my type of game and I'd love to play it with them, only it's not available on Mac.   It's okay though because I'm busy playing Othello with my daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment