Thursday, January 16, 2020

Winterfest and the Possible Haircut

Tomorrow my son is participating in Winterfest, his school's holiday recital.   It's been on the last day before the winter break in the past.   I'm rather glad it's moved to this time instead.   He knows his father won't be able to make it since they're at Disney.   I'm supposed to record some of it for them to see.

Today my son went on a field trip to the location for tomorrow's recital.  He's practiced and ready now.   When I picked him up today I was ready to take him to get a hair cut to surprise his father when they got home on Saturday as well as having him look nice for the recital.   He said he didn't want to get his hair cut when I picked him up though.

He has been complaining about his hair length.   Even this morning before going to school he had me try with the brush and some water to get his hair to calm down some.   This is due to the length of his hair.   Cutting it would make a big difference.   We'll see if he changes his mind by dinner time.  Maybe we'll go get food and a haircut yet today.

The Big Boy Update:  My son told me there was a bee around the trampoline yesterday.   Today they came back and told me the same thing.   I went to see and they were correct, a very large bumblebee type of bee was lying on the mat, lethargic but not dead.   I removed it from the area and told them it was good they'd come to get an adult to help.   We would rather an adult be sure things were safe instead of risking them getting stung.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I think I'm going to have my husband write a detailed blog post here about the trip he and my daughter took to Disney with my in-laws.  Today I'll write about something I wrote down a week or two ago.   My daughter was outside when our next-door neighbor, Bryna, came outside and said in that happy adult talking to a child voice, "when did you get so big?"   My daughter immediately responded with confidence, "like three years ago."

No comments:

Post a Comment