Friday, January 17, 2020

To Ride Them All

Today was my daughter's last day at Disney.   They (my in-laws, husband, and daughter) decided they were going to try and ride every roller coaster across three parks for their day.   It was a tall order and something only achievable by utilizing the fast passes they had plus the extra one my daughter had because of her disability.

My daughter, my husband told me, appears to be an extreme thrill-seeker.   From a Disney park perspective, this is a good thing because so much of the parks require seeing to enjoy.  Roller coasters are benefited by sight, to be sure, especially all the theme-based decoration and exhibits surrounding each ride, but for the ride itself, it's the motion she likes.  And the faster the motion, the better.

My husband told me they started at Hollywood Studios and rode the Rock 'n' Roll Roller Coaster and then the Slinky Dog Dash.  They headed to the Animal Kingdom and rode Everest next.   They took a break for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe and then were headed to the Magic Kingdom where they had passes for Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain.  Before they left though, they were able to get a second-round in on The Rock 'n' Roll Roller Coaster.  They finished their day off with the Mine Cart ride and the small barnstormer coaster.

They come home in the morning.  My daughter is excited to tell her brother all about what he has to look forward to when he goes to Disney on his school break next month.

The Big Boy Update:  My son had his school Winterfest recital today.   He and his fellow classmates sang and danced to songs in Spanish and English.   They also showed off their creative artwork.   My son had a surprise piece he'd been working on that was entirely of his choosing at free art time.   His art teacher was particularly proud of his African Fish Eagle.   They helped him come up with the best way to design and create it.   Other parents commented on it.   My mother and I, who attended the event, were duly impressed with the eagle and accompanying report:



The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter walked 22,232 steps today at Disney.  My husband checked the history on her watch.   Today is the most steps she's ever done in a single day.   She walked all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment