Friday, January 3, 2020

Mini Tramp

We swapped presents tonight with Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Margaret.   They arrived with a huge present they later revealed was for my daughter.   She was so excited.   My son got some gaming money for Fortnite, which he is already planning on how to spend.   The present for my daughter turned out to be what she had wanted Santa to bring her early last month—a mini-trampoline.

It was an advanced model that didn't need to be put together, only snapped open and popped into place.   We put a standing handle on it which let them hold on and jump at the same time.   And yes, we have a big trampoline outside, but the mini one serves a whole different need.   My daughter was doing flips with the handle and jumping in-between.  My son was doing high bounces with it with his lightsabers, also from Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Margaret.  

It was a good night.   I ate too much.   They brought us a panoply of food from P. F. Chang's.   I ate it all.   We had a good time catching up.   I was glad for a break from the cleaning and organizing and putting up holiday items.   I'd been working for six hours straight when they arrived.   I'm now going to bed and expect to fall straight to sleep.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was so excited about the Fortnite in-game currency he got as a present.   He really wanted to play with Uncle Jonathan and offered to give him some when he played with him next.  His other gift was a day of gaming together.   When he got that present, he said it was the best present he could have gotten.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Would it surprise any adult out there to know my daughter was almost more excited with the large box the trampoline came in than the trampoline itself?  She carried it up and down the stairs and spent time inside it, being sent as a package and hidden/found.   So very typical of children and boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment