Monday, January 27, 2020

The Science of Liquids

The first thing was my teacher called our partners.  That means that my teacher assigned partners for science.  My partner is Zoė.  My teacher told us what to do.  We had a tray.  In that tray were two cups.  On was filled with water and one was filled with glue.  And also there was two spoons.

Our teacher told us to use one spoon though.  She said we would figure out why.  Next, she handed out that construction paper.  Then we opened both lids of the containers.  I used the spoon to get the water in it.  Then I slowly tipped it over the black construction paper.  It says on top and spread out really far.

Then, Zoė spooned the glue onto a different spot and it didn't spread out.   Afterward, our teacher said to throw away the spoon that we were using.  Next, we observed.  We figured out what was similar.  The things that were similar were: they both were liquids, they both stayed on the paper, they both stayed on top of the paper and didn't absorb into the paper.  The things that were different were: the water spread out and the glue didn't, the glue was sticky and the water was swishy.

And that was my science project on the science of liquids.

(Today's blog post courtesy of my daughter)

The Big Boy Update:  My son got very angry neighbor friends who wanted to use his street hockey set this afternoon.   It was twenty minutes of rage and upsetness that we realized was fueled by lack of food and Adderall waning.  Typically, he'd be interested in playing with the neighbor boys outside.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Today was my daughter's first day back to school after a very long track out that started before Christmas.   We're glad she's back in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment