Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A Park With Mimi

Last night while I was at a board meeting my mother came over to stay with my son.  As I was leaving I went over multiple things about screen time.   Things like how he had only thirty minutes remaining and that if he tried to negotiate or throw a tantrum (he was gearing up for the tantrum route) that the screen time he would have would be less.  

I hated to leave my son is an angry state as I left not a moment later to attend my meeting.   What I didn't expect was to come home to some creative teamwork they had done together.  My son has been working with PlusPlus interlocking pieces for four years now.   It's interesting what he can create from the very basic shape.

Mimi started it, she said, making a rather basic bench.   My son decided they should make a park   He took over at this point and created the swings (which really swing), slide, fancy park bench (Victorian era my mother suggested), pond and rainbow.  



The Big Boy Update:  My son needs to learn his math facts more solidly.   Math facts vary depending on the curriculum but in general, it refers to rote memory of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for numbers up through ten or twelve.   My son is on his iPad trying to get as many math facts as possible so he can have some free

The Cinderella Princess Chronicles:  My daughter is dressed up like Cinderella currently at a dinner in Cinderella's castle.   She has had a wonderful time so far, only I can't write about it becuase I'm not there.   I'm going to let me husband take over and write this blog for a day so he can hit all the high points.   Suffice it to say, she is having a very special time at Disney/

No comments:

Post a Comment