Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Sauce Collection

After school, my son is hungry.  We had it on good advice from a thirteen-year-old who had been taking Adderall for several years that while at school, she was able to focus, but that her appetite was low.   After school, she found that as the medication waned, she was cranky and hungry.   Eating something helped her normalize for the rest of the day.  

We've found the same to be true for my son, so most days after school, we get him something to eat.   He will eat a large amount at 3:45 and then eat again come dinner time.  One of his favorite meals is Chick-Fil-A.   He likes to have their Polynesian sauce with his chicken.  On a few occasions, they forgot to give us sauce, so now he likes to ask for extra so we can stock up at home.

He's been building up stock for the past several weeks.   He keeps bringing out his "sauce collection" and organizing them into stacks and shapes.   Tonight he told me, "look, Mom, we have five bars of WiFi signal strength."   I didn't know what he meant until he pointed to this:


The Big Boy Update:  My son is very good at making representations of things with the very basic PlusPlus tiles.  This was what he created two nights ago:



On the left is the Kraken coming out of the ocean.   The middle one is a scene from Minecraft with a sword through what I think is one of the ghoul character's heart as he's coming out of the ground.   The right one is a scarecrow on the left and a tree with an eagle.  The scene spells out 'YEET' (my son's favorite word of late.)

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter gave her Tigger stuffed animal to me the other day, asking if he could be washed.   She loves Tigger above all other stuffed animals.   She's never asked for anything to be washed before.   The laundry is running right now as I just got enough to fill a load.  My husband came downstairs from putting the children to bed.   He said she asked if Tigger had been washed yet, saying, "I gave him to mom weeks ago...like Monday."

No comments:

Post a Comment